Raychem 8BTV2-CT Self Regulating Trace Heating Cable
Electrical heat-tracing for frost protection without steam cleaning.
The BTV-family of self-regulating, parallel circuit heating cables is used for frost protection of pipes and vessels.
It can also be used for process temperature maintenance up to 65°C.
- Hazardous, Zone 1, Zone 2 (Gas), Zone 21, Zone 22 (Dust)
Traced surface type:
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Painted or unpainted metal
- For organic corrosives: use -CT (fluoropolymer outer jacket)
- For mild inorganic solutions: use -CR (modified polyolefin outer jacket)
- For aggressive organics and corrosives consult your local Pentair representative
The BTV heating cables are approved for use in hazardous areas by PTB and Baseefa Ltd.
- PTB 09 ATEX 1115 X & Baseefa06ATEX0183X
- II 2 G Ex e II T6 & II 2 D Ex tD A21 IP66 T80°C
- IECEx PTB 09.0056X & IECEx BAS 06.0043X
- Ex e II T6 & Ex tD A21 IP66 T80°C
The BTV heating cables are approved by DNV for use on ships and mobile offshore units. DNV Certificate No. E-11564
|Electrical Protection Sizing||Start Up Temperature||Maximum Heating Cable length per circuit(M)|
The above numbers are for circuit length estimation only. For more detailed information please use the Pentair TraceCalc software or Contact your local Pentair representative.
Pentair requires the use of a 30 mA residual current device to provide maximum safety and protection from ﬁre.
Where design results in higher leakage current, the preferred trip level for adjustable devices is 30 mA above any inherent capacitive leakage characteristic of the heater as speciﬁed by the trace heater supplier or alternatively, the next common available trip level for non adjustable devices, with a maximum of 300 mA. All safety aspects need to be proven.
|Maximum maintain or continuous exposure temperature (power on)||110 °C|
|Minimum bend radius||At -60°C: 35 mm|
|Minimum bend radius||At 20°C: 13 mm|
|Minimum installation temperature||-60 °C|
|Nominal Power Output||25 W/m at 10 °C|
|Temperature Classification||T4 in accordance with European Standard EN 60079-30-1 5.1.13|