Tank heating systems are used for freeze protection and maintaining fluid temperatures in small, medium and large-volume, industrial storage tanks and vessels. Typical applications for tank heating systems and vessels include:
- Freeze protection of low and medium viscosity fluids (e.g. water, ammonia)
- Temperature maintenance for medium viscosity fluids (e.g. oils, resins)
- Crystallization prevention (e.g. caustic soda)
- Condensation prevention (e.g. fly ash in conical bases of silos)
- Specialty applications that include heat-up, high viscosity fluids and agitation applications
Frequently asked questions
Yes, when using trace heating on plastic pipes ensure that ATE- 180 aluminium tape is used to help disperse the heat around the pipe.
Yes, utilising our in-house design facilities, we can design your complete trace heating requirement.
Generally, no maintenance of our trace heating systems is required but it is recommended that the system is checked for operational and electrical integrity periodically or prior to the winter or p...
System checks depend on the system installed, constant wattage systems can be fully checked for insulation resistance and continuity. Self regulating systems can only be checked for insulation resi...